Everything You Should Know About The Friends of IBSP!
The Friends of Island Beach State Park (Friends of IBSP) is a non-profit volunteer organization formed to enhance interpretive, educational, recreational & research programs, and events at Island Beach State Park. Our mission is to further public appreciation and stewardship of the park.
Our members come from a wide range of backgrounds and occupations but have in common a variety of interests in this beautiful State Park. The Friends of Island Beach State Park, Inc. is a non-profit tax exempt corporation as defined by the United States Internal Revenue Code 501-C-3 and was officially incorporated in 1996.
Our primary objectives include:
- To raise and receive funds or property to assist in the enhancement of the nature habitat, buildings, and properties of Island Beach State Park.
- To encourage protection of the barrier island ecosystem.
- To support activities, educational & special events, and programs that further public appreciation, participation, and stewardship of the park.
- To encourage support for park programs through volunteer participation, fund raising, and dissemination of information.
2023 Board Members
The following individuals have graciously donated their time and skills to be a part of the Friends of Island Beach State Park Board for 2023:
- President - Bill Gwyer
- Vice President - Rick McDaniel
- Corresponding Secretary - Wendy Goodman
- Co Treasurers - Rosemary Hall
- Membership Secretary - Laura Lange
- Trustee - Ray Hallgreen
- Trustee - Carol Kondrach
- Trustee - Gerry Finnegan
- Trustee - Kevin Tumpey
- Trustee - Daphne LaFountain
- Trustee - Paul Lang
- Trustee - Karcsi Homoki
- Trustee - Sandy Bonagura
- Bridget Bonica
- Katie Marra
- James Ballot
Friends of IBSP Special Advisers:
- Director, Barrier Island Classic - Josh Starner
- Volunteer Coordinator - Stevie Thorsen